I actually took a few days off work last week and had a great time playing Mom! Jessica went for Allergy testing on Thursday and we found out she is allergic to cats - - along with her sister who is also allergic to Mold. So, we now have a wonderful decision to make about our 'beloved' AllyCat!
We spent 2 hours on Friday at the dentist with 4 back to back appointments! No cavities for anyone, thank goodness. This was Rachel's first cleaning too. She was a little hesitant about getting into the chair. After coaxing Jessica to show her how it's done, Rachel had no problem playing patient.
Jessica was invited to a Kindergarten friends pool on Saturday. Mom was also invited to relax and hang out by the pool! It was so nice! Rachel and Daddy stayed home but had a nice surprise from GMom and GDad Beaghan. They stopped by the house after picking up their new puppy, Maggie. She's a CockaPoo, Pomranian mix. SO CUTE!!! I can't wait to meet her in person. Saturday night was also the Eastern York Rec Commissions annual carnival. So we stopped in for dinner, desert and a few inflatable rides. The best ride was the Titanic! Image a big inflatable ship sinking into the water (only the back half of the ship is inflated), where the kids climb up the middle and then slide down the deck. We were waiting for Rachel to just tumble down head over heals. She made it down in one piece though.
Sunday, Jessica recommended we go to the movie theatre. Kung Fu Panda was playing at the $2 theatre and we had nothing else to do! It was an OK movie I guess. This movie had more action than our kids are used to! We treated ourselves to dinner at the Japanese steak house afterwards. The girls liked it except when they lit the grill and created a volcano from an onion! Jessica's just a little afraid of fire.
So it's back to work today - boo hoo! I was just starting to get used to the whole Mom gig! Today is the first day of Jessica' Theatre class. She's starting a one week introduction to theatre at York Little Theatre. I can't wait to hear all about it. Then this evening, both kids will be heading off to Vacation Bible school! So I'll have a few hours to myself. You can guess where I'll be - - horizontal on the couch!
Tomorrow is our 2nd prenatal appointment. I'll report back heart rate and any news we get from the Dr.
Talk with you soon!!
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment