Thursday, August 7, 2008

A quick update!

We've had a few quiet days. Jessica completed her theatre class last week. She really enjoyed it although she was nervous about being on stage. Friday was the 'recital' where the parents and grandparents were invited to watch. Gee Gee, Aunt Jean, Rachel and Daddy all went to see our star on stage. She was the only one whose paperbag mask was upside down!! We're so proud!!

Last week was also Vacation Bible School. Rachel is now old enough to go too. They LOVE bible school. Our neighbor is the coordinator and she puts everything she has into it. It's really a great program. The comments we received from the kids teachers were all very positive. Rachels teacher even said she would take 20 kids like Rachel in her class everyday! She really knows how to charm people! Jessica made a really tight bond with her teacher, Donna K.

The girls had a sleepover with Gee Gee and Pop Pop Tuesday night. They love sleepovers! I think they just love to get away from Mommy and Daddy for a night. They are usually allowed to stay up late at a sleep over too. Pop pop took them for tractor rides and Gee Gee put them to work at the junkyard, picking up metal (bolts etc) for scrap. They spent a few hours at the playground with their best friend Kathleen Pasta! We'll be joining the Pasta's for the S-Town Methodist Church Summer Dinner Theatre on Saturday too. This years production is The Wizard of Oz!

They also got in big trouble yesterday. The rules are they are allowed to play in our yard and the 2 adjoining neighbors yard - but they are not allowed to leave the yards. Yesterday, an ice cream/snack truck went by and they all walked down the sidewalk to the stop sign to see the ice cream truck (of course with no money). I caught them out of the yard and that was the end of that! I didn't even yell at them, just explained very calmly that they broke the rules. Jessica was so upset and cried for about 10 minutes - really crying too, not just fake tears. Rachel cried because Jessica was crying. It was kinda funny! I just wonder if they learned their lesson!

On the baby front, I've been feeling crappy. I have a lot of nausea still and feel completely exhausted. I have a feeling this one's a girl since I feel much the same as the last 2 times. We'll let you know when we set up the trust for the weddings! I can no longer wear my regular clothes and I only have about 5 materninty items for summer weather! I've never really needed summer clothes! I'm thankful we have a relaxed dress code at work - jeans and T-s everyday!

On other baby news, we have a new addition to the Hersey family. My cousin Kayla Tompkins had a baby boy on Tuesday morning. Grayson Michael was born at 12:17 am weighing in at 8lbs 5oz and 22 inches long. After what sounds like a grueling labor and deliver, everyone is doing OK. Congratulations Kayla and Wayne and Welcome to the family Grayson!!

No comments: