We had our first visit to the baby doctor yesterday. He basically told me I'm OLD and there are a few more risks involved with this pregnancy that didn't really exist in the last two. He is offering us a few genetic screening test to determine our odds of carrying a baby with genetic abnormalities. If the screening tests come back 'positive' it doesn't necessary mean the baby has an abnormality it will just mean more testing should be done. We've yet to decide if we are going to have the testing performed or not.
Being only 8 1/2 weeks along, he thought we wouldn't find a heartbeat this early. BUT, this baby's got a good ticker!! As soon as he put the doppler thing on my belly, the heart beat was right there and stronger than I imagined! It registered 170 beats per minute. That confirmed it . . . I'm really pregnant! My mom thinks the heartbeat was so strong because there are probably two heartbeats in there beating in unison!! Wouldn't that be lovely!!
He also thinks my 'calculations' could be off (although I know my dates!!!). He thinks I could be around 10 weeks along because of my size and because he found the heartbeat so easily and clearly. He said normally, at 8 1/2 weeks it's too early to find it.
So the next step is an early ultrasound for size and dating. We are scheduled to go on Tuesday 7/8 at 7 am for the first ultrasound! I'll be sure to post the pictures!!
We'll probably tell the girls the exciting news this evening. They stayed last night with Gee Gee and Pop-Pop and will come home tonight. Jessica will probably do a back flip with excitement. She's been talking about wanting another baby sister for years. Rachel will probably react to her sisters' reaction but will probably be indifferent about the actual news. We'll see!!
16 years ago
2 comments:
Boy, you're up early! I got your site off of Kim's. Congrats on #3! The third really makes it tough, but I wouldn't give up my Mitchell for the world! The girls look beautiful! Rachel really looks older! Glad your first year of kindergarten went well. Garrett loved it, also. Tell your mom to call me if they'll be going to the Stewartstown Playground or anything this summer. We'd love to see them. I'm home M, W, and Fridays 870-1572! Take care & hope you're feeling okay. Congrats again! Steph
I'm so excited for you and Bob! Just told Dave this evening I can't wait until you have the baby, I can come visit, hold the baby and make over it, then go home and get a full nights rest - LOL!! Still remember those middle of the night feedings well, even though Josh is almost 4 now. Looking forward to seeing you and the girls at Josh's party Sunday!
Post a Comment